LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Park Bank CEO Doug Farmer, of La Crosse has been selected to represent the Wisconsin community banking industry at the 2nd annual Community Banking Conference in St. Louis.
Farmer is a member of the state's five-person Banking Review Board and a member of CSBS, the nation's leading supporter for the state banking system.
Farmer will attend the conference with Peter Bildsten, Secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), and Mike Mach, Division of Banking Administrator, on September 23-24.
"Doug is a respected, knowledgeable banker who also has a distinguished track record of public service experience on which to draw. He will do an excellent job of representing Wisconsin's community bankers at this important conference," Bildsten said in a statement.
The conference is sponsored by the Federal Reserve and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS).
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks