LA CRESCENT, Wis. (WKBT) - If you've ever wanted to explore La Crescent and everything it has to offer, Saturday was your chance.
People got the chance to learn more about the town as part of the Amazing Slice, a scavenger hunt taking teams throughout the city. Participants searched for clues, which lead the teams around La Crescent, looking for 9 different locations. Organizers say the purpose of the hunt is to showcase what La Crescent has to offer.
"We have a lot of people who only go out to the historical society or only go to key places[for tourist attractions] when they have somebody come from out of town," said Eileen Krenz, executive director of the city's Chamber of Commerce. "We wanted to make people aware of places we have in town that they should be aware of all times of the year."
Winning teams received gift certificates to local La Crescent businesses. Organizers say the event's locations will change every year to keep things fresh.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.