LA CRESCENT, Wis. (WKBT) - If you've ever wanted to explore La Crescent and everything it has to offer, Saturday was your chance.
People got the chance to learn more about the town as part of the Amazing Slice, a scavenger hunt taking teams throughout the city. Participants searched for clues, which lead the teams around La Crescent, looking for 9 different locations. Organizers say the purpose of the hunt is to showcase what La Crescent has to offer.
"We have a lot of people who only go out to the historical society or only go to key places[for tourist attractions] when they have somebody come from out of town," said Eileen Krenz, executive director of the city's Chamber of Commerce. "We wanted to make people aware of places we have in town that they should be aware of all times of the year."
Winning teams received gift certificates to local La Crescent businesses. Organizers say the event's locations will change every year to keep things fresh.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers