LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - On Friday during the La Crescent Homecoming football game, numerous people reported receiving threats through a social media account.
The threats showed a clown with a knife, and encouraged students to find him or her in a wooded area near the game.
Officers immediately investigated, identified and interviewed a 16-year-old suspect. The sixteen-year-old was placed under arrest and faces charges of threats of violence and disorderly conduct.
The La Crescent Police Department states on their Facebook that the hoax is causing unnecessary stress and fear with the younger members of the community, and has become a wasteful use of community resources and time.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse