LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - On Friday during the La Crescent Homecoming football game, numerous people reported receiving threats through a social media account.
The threats showed a clown with a knife, and encouraged students to find him or her in a wooded area near the game.
Officers immediately investigated, identified and interviewed a 16-year-old suspect. The sixteen-year-old was placed under arrest and faces charges of threats of violence and disorderly conduct.
The La Crescent Police Department states on their Facebook that the hoax is causing unnecessary stress and fear with the younger members of the community, and has become a wasteful use of community resources and time.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death