LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - On Friday during the La Crescent Homecoming football game, numerous people reported receiving threats through a social media account.
The threats showed a clown with a knife, and encouraged students to find him or her in a wooded area near the game.
Officers immediately investigated, identified and interviewed a 16-year-old suspect. The sixteen-year-old was placed under arrest and faces charges of threats of violence and disorderly conduct.
The La Crescent Police Department states on their Facebook that the hoax is causing unnecessary stress and fear with the younger members of the community, and has become a wasteful use of community resources and time.
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Top paid CEO in Minnesota is in health care industry
- Trump schedules Iowa visit _ his first as president
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park