LA CROSSE, WI - A La Crescent man who crashed his SUV after a high speed chase with La Crosse police in August 2012 was sentenced in La Crosse County Court Thursday.
Corey Johnson, 33, was sentenced to six months electronic monitoring after pleading guilty to two counts related to the chase.
The judge took into consideration that Johnson has already spent more than a year in jail. He is also ordered to pay nine thousand dollars in restitution.
Johnson led officers on a high-speed chase that lasted about a mile before he hit several parked cars and flipped his S-U-V near 11th and King Streets in August of 2012.
A passenger in the SUV had minor injuries, but was treated and released.22274268
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US