LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - One area business is bringing health care straight to its employees.
Kwik Trip held an open house today to promote its Center for Health. The center gives specialized care to Kwik Trip's employees and their families and offers a range of different services, from basic check-ups to preventative visits.
"You can come in and talk to a health coach or a provider about losing weight, nutritional type things, or you can come in if you feel like you have a sore throat, maybe an ear infection, and get treated for that, and leave with your antibiotics," said Mila Spencer, benefits manager at Kwik Trip. "It's really very convenient."
The center has actually been open since the beginning of December. Officials say reception to it has been great - since the onset, it's been booked with appointments. The center has been in the works for the past two years, in response to requests by employees.
"Kwik Trip is all about making a difference in people's lives," Spencer said. "Our employees, they work hard for us, so we want to make sure that we are able to provide them with health care that's quality health care, at a good cost."
By opening the health center, Kwik Trip is actually expecting to save money on health care in the long run.23887128
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.