MADISON, Wis. - Kraft Foods is voluntarily recalling cases of select varieties of Kraft American Singles, according to a release the company posted on its website Friday.
A supplier did not store an ingredient used in the product according to the company's temperature standards, which could have created conditions that could lead to premature spoilage, food borne illness or both, according to the release.
The company is issuing the recall of 7,691 cases shipping to customers across the country as a precaution, officials said.
Representatives for the company said they have not received any consumer illness complaints for the product associated with the recall.
The affected product is four varieties with Best When Used By dates of Feb. 20, 2015 and Feb. 21, 2015. The products are all Kraft American Singles pasteurized prepared cheese products of differing package sizes. No other Kraft Singles products are impacted.
The recalled product was produced at Kraft's Springfield, Missouri, facility.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families