LA CROSSE, Wis. - The family of a West Salem man convicted of shooting his parents are getting half of the murdered couple's estate.
Dennis and Merna Koula were shot to death in their Town of Barre home in 2010. Their son Erik was convicted of their murder.
Dennis and Merna's estate was valued at close to $1.5 million. A court ruled about half that money will go into a trust for Erik Koula's children. The other half will go to Dennis and Merna's daughter Cynthia. Erik is serving life in prison.19512674
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest