LA CROSSE, Wis. - The family of a West Salem man convicted of shooting his parents are getting half of the murdered couple's estate.
Dennis and Merna Koula were shot to death in their Town of Barre home in 2010. Their son Erik was convicted of their murder.
Dennis and Merna's estate was valued at close to $1.5 million. A court ruled about half that money will go into a trust for Erik Koula's children. The other half will go to Dennis and Merna's daughter Cynthia. Erik is serving life in prison.19512674
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands