LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Kim Blum has been named the Interim Director of Athletics at UW-La Crosse.
Blum replaces Josh Whitman who is leaving UW-L to become the director of athletics at Washington University in St. Louis.
"I have incredible confidence in Kim's leadership capacity and in her unwavering commitment to UW-L Athletics," UW-L Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Dr. Paula Knudson said. "After a decade of working with our systems, coaches and student-athletes, Kim is well poised to step in and sustain the momentum of our programs. She understands the multiple dimensions of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and our 19 sports."
Blum will serve as interim athletic director for the 2014-15 academic year, beginning July 7. She is in her 10th year at UW-L and completed just her first year as Deputy Director of Athletics in 2013-14. She had been the university's Associate Athletic Director for nine years. As Deputy Director, Blum advises Whitman on all aspects of the intercollegiate athletics program, including strategic planning, personnel, facilities, and resource development.
"I feel honored to serve in this capacity," Blum said. "The UW-L athletic program is second-to-none in all facets and I have so much pride in what we do and who we are. I believe in the coaches, student-athletes and staff and there is nothing they can't accomplish. I am committed to doing all that I can to continue to move our department forward in the interim. I'm very grateful to Vice Chancellor Paula Knudson for this opportunity."
A national search for a full-time athletic director will begin in early 2015. Whitman's last day at UW-L is July 3.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests