LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Elementary kids from across Wisconsin are heading to college this weekend.
Western Tech hosted its spring session of Camp W Kid's College Saturday morning. Camp W gives children in grades four through six the chance to check out some of the education offered at Western Tech. Session courses include everything from woodwork to virtual surgery to sports, and it gives kids a chance to think about they could be doing 10 years down the road.
"We like them to come and experience college, you know, come to the college campus, sit in a college chair," said Jamie Fortier from Western Tech. "Maybe this is what they want to do, they want to get into the medical field, so here's an opportunity for them to try that medical field that they want to do."
More than 100 kids took part in the college camp. Western Tech will hold another session of Camp W this fall.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday