LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Elementary kids from across Wisconsin are heading to college this weekend.
Western Tech hosted its spring session of Camp W Kid's College Saturday morning. Camp W gives children in grades four through six the chance to check out some of the education offered at Western Tech. Session courses include everything from woodwork to virtual surgery to sports, and it gives kids a chance to think about they could be doing 10 years down the road.
"We like them to come and experience college, you know, come to the college campus, sit in a college chair," said Jamie Fortier from Western Tech. "Maybe this is what they want to do, they want to get into the medical field, so here's an opportunity for them to try that medical field that they want to do."
More than 100 kids took part in the college camp. Western Tech will hold another session of Camp W this fall.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?