LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Elementary kids from across Wisconsin are heading to college this weekend.
Western Tech hosted its spring session of Camp W Kid's College Saturday morning. Camp W gives children in grades four through six the chance to check out some of the education offered at Western Tech. Session courses include everything from woodwork to virtual surgery to sports, and it gives kids a chance to think about they could be doing 10 years down the road.
"We like them to come and experience college, you know, come to the college campus, sit in a college chair," said Jamie Fortier from Western Tech. "Maybe this is what they want to do, they want to get into the medical field, so here's an opportunity for them to try that medical field that they want to do."
More than 100 kids took part in the college camp. Western Tech will hold another session of Camp W this fall.
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Top paid CEO in Minnesota is in health care industry
- Trump schedules Iowa visit _ his first as president
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- Belle Square development moves forward