LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two Kayakers are safe after being swept under the La Crosse Queen's dock Saturday afternoon.
A group of kayakers were out on the La Crosse River headed into the Mississippi River when currents pulled two of them under the dock by the La Crosse Queen. One kayaker was pulled as far as 120 feet underwater.
The captain of the queen pulled one of the kayakers to safety, and the other was able to swim to shore. Responders on scene say no one was seriously injured.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.