LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two Kayakers are safe after being swept under the La Crosse Queen's dock Saturday afternoon.
A group of kayakers were out on the La Crosse River headed into the Mississippi River when currents pulled two of them under the dock by the La Crosse Queen. One kayaker was pulled as far as 120 feet underwater.
The captain of the queen pulled one of the kayakers to safety, and the other was able to swim to shore. Responders on scene say no one was seriously injured.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US