DARLINGTON, Wis. (AP) - Jurors will come from Portage County for the trial of an Argyle man charged with helping his brother kill three of his young children in a house fire.
Lafayette County Judge Thomas Vale says questionnaires for potential jurors were sent last week for the trial of 18-year-old Jeremy Wand. The trial is scheduled for July in Lafayette County. The Wisconsin State Journal reports jurors will be sequestered.
Wand was charged after police said a fire he helped set with Armin Wand killed Armin Wand's three sons and the fetus of Armin Wand's wife, Sharon.
Sharon Wand was badly burned. A 2-year-old daughter, Jessica, also survived the fire.
Armin Wand was sentenced to three consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole in April after he pleaded to lesser charges.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners