LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A long trip down the Mississippi stops to teach our kids about the adventure.
The non-profit Ocean Adventure Rowing and Education spoke at Summit Elementary School in La Crosse Monday.
It's a break from their 90 day journey paddling down the Mississippi River. They offer firsthand experience from the river for the students.
"And all the fun stuff you get to see. The bugs, the frogs, the critters, the eagles, but then also the way that the river works and how vital it is to La Crosse and also the people up river from La Crosse and all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico," said Greg Spooner, of Ocean Adventure Rowing and Education.
The group is making stops like this at schools all along the Mississippi.
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Onalaska's Glynn takes home prestigious award
- 1 dead after shooting at Minnetonka storage facility