LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Time is running out to pick your local celebrity to get pied in the face.
Festival Foods is collecting money for the Great Rivers United Way. Whoever ends up with the most money in their donation box gets pied in the face.
Our own Jennifer Livingston is one of the lucky people up for the prize. Earlier this week she was told she was in third place. Sam Van Riper from Trane is in the lead, but not by much we're told.
"Everybody is pretty neck-and-neck right now, so it's very close. It could sway either way right now with just a couple of dollars in some instances," said Ashley Foreman of Festival Foods.
Here are the celebrity and celebrity teams who are participating in the fundraising effort:
- Sam Van Riper – Trane Company, President of the Great Rivers United Way Board of Directors
- Tom & Jan Brock – Altra Federal Credit Union, 2014 GRUW Campaign Co-Chairs
- Dave Skogen – Festival Foods
- Tim Kabat – City of La Crosse
- Jennifer Livingston – WKBT
- Amy DuPont & Dustin Luecke – WXOW
- Brian Simpson & Jean Taylor – Mid-West Family Broadcasting
- Deb Brague & Kelly Wilde – La Crosse Radio Group
To cast your vote, slip a donation into the slot of the celebrity or celebrity team you would most like to see receive a pie in the face. The contest displays are located in the front of each local Festival Foods store – Crossing Meadows, Village Shopping Center, Copeland Avenue and Holmen – now through July 31.
All proceeds from the Pie in the Face contest will benefit the Great Rivers United Way.
On July 25, News 8 Anchor Mike Thompson (and Jennifer's husband), posted a video on his Facebook page showing their kids throwing a pie in their mom's face. Watch the video via WKBT Mike Thompson.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans