LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We have some internal news to report to you about a couple of members of the News 8 family.
As some of you may have already heard, on Tuesday, February 11, Mike Thompson and Jennifer Livingston's 5-year-old daughter Finley was hospitalized after being hit and run over by a van in La Crosse.
We want to let you know right away that Finley is doing very well. She is back home with her family after spending four days in the hospital last week.
The accident happened at the intersection of Losey Boulevard and Main Street. Finley and Jennifer were heading to preschool shortly after 11 a.m. when a driver failed to yield to the crosswalk and hit Finley. The driver of the van was ticketed.
Finley suffered a lacerated liver, some lung complications and several scrapes and bruises. But again she has been released from the hospital and is getting some TLC at home from mom and dad for a few days.
Mike and Jennifer wanted us to pass along their sincerest gratitude for all of the prayers, cards and well wishes over the last week. They are feeling extremely thankful that Finley is doing well. The family is so grateful for all of the amazing support. Mike and Jennifer are planning to return to work next week.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East