JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - A Janesville man has been arrested on suspicion of his seventh drunken-driving charge.
The Rock County sheriff's office says the 45-year-old man was speeding early Wednesday morning. The man allegedly crossed the center line and nearly hit a deputy's squad car.
When the deputy stopped him the deputy noticed the man's car had heavy front-end damage and the man had fresh facial injuries from an earlier accident. A mugshot shows the man with cuts on his scalp and on his forehead above his left eye.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment and then arrested. He is due in court on Thursday.
Deputies weren't able to find the scene of his earlier accident.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017