JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - A Janesville man has been arrested on suspicion of his seventh drunken-driving charge.
The Rock County sheriff's office says the 45-year-old man was speeding early Wednesday morning. The man allegedly crossed the center line and nearly hit a deputy's squad car.
When the deputy stopped him the deputy noticed the man's car had heavy front-end damage and the man had fresh facial injuries from an earlier accident. A mugshot shows the man with cuts on his scalp and on his forehead above his left eye.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment and then arrested. He is due in court on Thursday.
Deputies weren't able to find the scene of his earlier accident.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest