RHINELANDER, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a woman who died in a house fire with her husband was the Oneida County Jail administrator.
Sheriff Grady Hartman says 53-year-old Kaye Juel has been jail administrator in Oneida County since 1994. She and her 55-year-old husband, Mark Juel, were found dead Tuesday after fire destroyed their house about 20 miles west of Rhinelander.
The sheriff's department says a preliminary investigation shows no signs of criminal activity.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion