CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A trial is expected to begin soon for a 25-year-old Cedar Rapids man accused of killing his 17-month-old daughter.
Jury selection is expected to begin Monday in Linn County District Court. The jury will consider the first-degree murder and child endangerment charges against Zyriah Schlitter. He's accused of killing Kamryn Schlitter on March 28, 2010. Investigators say the little girl suffered head injuries and had bruising on her neck, chin, underarms and chest.
Schlitter's former girlfriend, 29-year-old Amy Parmer, of Hiawatha, faces the same charges. She's scheduled for trial beginning Jan. 14.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser