CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A trial is expected to begin soon for a 25-year-old Cedar Rapids man accused of killing his 17-month-old daughter.
Jury selection is expected to begin Monday in Linn County District Court. The jury will consider the first-degree murder and child endangerment charges against Zyriah Schlitter. He's accused of killing Kamryn Schlitter on March 28, 2010. Investigators say the little girl suffered head injuries and had bruising on her neck, chin, underarms and chest.
Schlitter's former girlfriend, 29-year-old Amy Parmer, of Hiawatha, faces the same charges. She's scheduled for trial beginning Jan. 14.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks