PRAIRIE CITY, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa woman has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from her dog's fatal attack on a 4-year-old girl the woman was baby-sitting.
Jena Wright, of Prairie City, made the pleas Monday during her arraignment. She's charged with child endangerment, neglect or abandonment of a dependent person, assaulting a police officer, and interfering with officials acts.
Authorities say Jordyn Arndt was attacked in Wright's backyard. The girl's mother was at work. Wright was arrested April 23 after the girl died at a Des Moines hospital.
The dog was an American Staffordshire terrier named Brutus. He's been euthanized.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families