CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) - A 30-year-old northern Iowa man has pleaded guilty to soliciting the murder of a teenage girl who'd accused him of sexual assault.
The Mason City Globe Gazette says Alan Cannon made his plea at a hearing on Monday in Cerro Gordo County District Court. Prosecutors dropped a second count of solicitation, one count of murder conspiracy and one of attempted murder in exchange for Cannon's plea.
His sentencing is scheduled for March 11.
Authorities say Cannon tried to hire someone to kill the teenager. In June a jury convicted Cannon of a misdemeanor assault charge and of supplying alcohol in that case. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $500.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks