CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) - A 30-year-old northern Iowa man has pleaded guilty to soliciting the murder of a teenage girl who'd accused him of sexual assault.
The Mason City Globe Gazette says Alan Cannon made his plea at a hearing on Monday in Cerro Gordo County District Court. Prosecutors dropped a second count of solicitation, one count of murder conspiracy and one of attempted murder in exchange for Cannon's plea.
His sentencing is scheduled for March 11.
Authorities say Cannon tried to hire someone to kill the teenager. In June a jury convicted Cannon of a misdemeanor assault charge and of supplying alcohol in that case. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $500.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.