LAMOTTE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say an eastern Iowa man has been injured while trying to save horses from a barn fire.
Firefighters were dispatched to the residence south-southwest of LaMotte a little before 8 p.m. Thursday.
LaMotte Fire Chief Joe Kilburg told the Quad-City Times hat a gate hit Duane Meyer in the face as he and his sons rescued some of the horses. Meyer was taken to a Dubuque hospital for treatment.
Kilburg says some of the horses died in the fire.
The cause of the blaze is being investigated, but Kilburg says he doesn't consider it a suspicious fire.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student