LAMOTTE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say an eastern Iowa man has been injured while trying to save horses from a barn fire.
Firefighters were dispatched to the residence south-southwest of LaMotte a little before 8 p.m. Thursday.
LaMotte Fire Chief Joe Kilburg told the Quad-City Times hat a gate hit Duane Meyer in the face as he and his sons rescued some of the horses. Meyer was taken to a Dubuque hospital for treatment.
Kilburg says some of the horses died in the fire.
The cause of the blaze is being investigated, but Kilburg says he doesn't consider it a suspicious fire.
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion