WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 24-year-old Iowa man has been given two to five years of probation and a suspended prison term for injuring his 4-month-old daughter.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Brandon McCowen had pleaded guilty after prosecutors lowered the charge to child endangerment causing bodily injury.
The girl was hospitalized on June 6, 2010, after she had trouble breathing. She was flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City where doctors concluded that she had head and eye injuries too numerous to count.
McCowen told authorities that he was home alone with his daughter when she fell out of his arms and onto a bed. Court records say doctors told investigators the injuries appeared to have resulted from "nonaccidental trauma."
McCowen's parental rights have been terminated.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US