WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 24-year-old Iowa man has been given two to five years of probation and a suspended prison term for injuring his 4-month-old daughter.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Brandon McCowen had pleaded guilty after prosecutors lowered the charge to child endangerment causing bodily injury.
The girl was hospitalized on June 6, 2010, after she had trouble breathing. She was flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City where doctors concluded that she had head and eye injuries too numerous to count.
McCowen told authorities that he was home alone with his daughter when she fell out of his arms and onto a bed. Court records say doctors told investigators the injuries appeared to have resulted from "nonaccidental trauma."
McCowen's parental rights have been terminated.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser