ONAWA, Iowa (AP) - A murder trial is set to begin for a western Iowa woman accused of drowning her 15-month-old son.
Ashley Cameron, of Onawa, is scheduled to have her trial start Tuesday in Monona County District Court. She is charged with first-degree murder and child endangerment in the 2012 death of Markis Dahms.
The Sioux City Journal reports the 25-year-old Cameron waived her right to have a jury hear her case. The trial is expected to be completed this week.
Police say Cameron held Markis under a running faucet in a bathtub until he drowned. The results of an autopsy led to Cameron's arrest. She pleaded not guilty last year.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.