ONAWA, Iowa (AP) - A murder trial is set to begin for a western Iowa woman accused of drowning her 15-month-old son.
Ashley Cameron, of Onawa, is scheduled to have her trial start Tuesday in Monona County District Court. She is charged with first-degree murder and child endangerment in the 2012 death of Markis Dahms.
The Sioux City Journal reports the 25-year-old Cameron waived her right to have a jury hear her case. The trial is expected to be completed this week.
Police say Cameron held Markis under a running faucet in a bathtub until he drowned. The results of an autopsy led to Cameron's arrest. She pleaded not guilty last year.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers