WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Waterloo mother has been arrested on suspicion of abuse after doctors say they found her twin infant daughters with multiple injuries -- including broken bones.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that police arrested 26-year-old Lucy Ann Schnieders on Thursday at her home on two counts of child endangerment causing serious injury and two counts of child endangerment causing bodily injury.
The charges stem from a September incident in which police were called to Allen Hospital. Doctors say X-rays of the 4-month-old babies showed they had suffered multiple broken bones and other injures.
Police say Schnieders has been released from jail. A phone number for Schnieders could not be found Saturday.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers