WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Waterloo mother has been arrested on suspicion of abuse after doctors say they found her twin infant daughters with multiple injuries -- including broken bones.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that police arrested 26-year-old Lucy Ann Schnieders on Thursday at her home on two counts of child endangerment causing serious injury and two counts of child endangerment causing bodily injury.
The charges stem from a September incident in which police were called to Allen Hospital. Doctors say X-rays of the 4-month-old babies showed they had suffered multiple broken bones and other injures.
Police say Schnieders has been released from jail. A phone number for Schnieders could not be found Saturday.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools