WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Waterloo mother has been arrested on suspicion of abuse after doctors say they found her twin infant daughters with multiple injuries -- including broken bones.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that police arrested 26-year-old Lucy Ann Schnieders on Thursday at her home on two counts of child endangerment causing serious injury and two counts of child endangerment causing bodily injury.
The charges stem from a September incident in which police were called to Allen Hospital. Doctors say X-rays of the 4-month-old babies showed they had suffered multiple broken bones and other injures.
Police say Schnieders has been released from jail. A phone number for Schnieders could not be found Saturday.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests