OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - A woman in southeast Iowa has been accused of helping a man escape from a county courthouse.
The Ottumwa Courier reports Latisha Bunnell is charged with aiding and abetting escape. Police say she helped Curtis Bunnel on Monday by allowing him to get into her car before she drove away from the Wapello County Courthouse. Curtis Bunnel was there for a court appearance related to a robbery charge.
The pair was later arrested at a home in Oskaloosa.
It's unclear how Curtis Bunnel escaped police custody in order to get into the car. He now faces a separate escape charge.
The pair is being held at the Wapello County Jail. Online records do not list attorneys for them.
It's also unclear if and how the pair is related.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing