PACIFIC JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) - A 61-year-old woman has died under her car on her ice- and snow-slickened driveway in western Iowa.
Mills County Sheriff's Sgt. Kim Clark says the accident occurred a little before 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
Clark says Barbara Glaser was in her car when it got stuck on her steep driveway. Clark says Glaser put the vehicle in park, shut it off and got out. But the car started to slide down the driveway and struck Glaser. It knocked her down, hit an embankment and then rolled over on her.
Glaser was pronounced dead at the scene, which is north of Pacific Junction.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East