PACIFIC JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) - A 61-year-old woman has died under her car on her ice- and snow-slickened driveway in western Iowa.
Mills County Sheriff's Sgt. Kim Clark says the accident occurred a little before 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
Clark says Barbara Glaser was in her car when it got stuck on her steep driveway. Clark says Glaser put the vehicle in park, shut it off and got out. But the car started to slide down the driveway and struck Glaser. It knocked her down, hit an embankment and then rolled over on her.
Glaser was pronounced dead at the scene, which is north of Pacific Junction.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests