SWISHER, IOWA (AP) - Swisher residents will cast their votes Tuesday for the city's next mayor.
Johnson County Auditor Travis Weipert tells the Iowa City Press-Citizen that he anticipates a substantial election day turnout in the town of about 600.
Chris Taylor and Randy Hurlbert are vying for the open seat, which has been vacant since former Mayor Tim Mason and City Clerk Connie Meier abruptly resigned in November.
Neither Mason nor Meier has publicly said why they resigned, and city council members have also declined to address questions about the sudden resignations.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse