SWISHER, IOWA (AP) - Swisher residents will cast their votes Tuesday for the city's next mayor.
Johnson County Auditor Travis Weipert tells the Iowa City Press-Citizen that he anticipates a substantial election day turnout in the town of about 600.
Chris Taylor and Randy Hurlbert are vying for the open seat, which has been vacant since former Mayor Tim Mason and City Clerk Connie Meier abruptly resigned in November.
Neither Mason nor Meier has publicly said why they resigned, and city council members have also declined to address questions about the sudden resignations.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death