CARLISLE, WI (AP) - Police and school officials are looking into an incident in which a Carlisle High School student allegedly used a stun gun on a classmate.
The Des Moines Register reports that the incident happened Friday afternoon when one student used a self-defense Taser on another student during the last period of the school day.
Carlisle Police Chief Jason Doll says officers were called to the school to examine the student who was shocked. Doll says the student was not seriously injured. No charges have been filed in the incident.
Superintendent Bryce Amos says school officials consider it a serious school violation and will be conducting further investigation. He says school sanctions could follow.
Officials did not identify the students involved.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017