CARLISLE, WI (AP) - Police and school officials are looking into an incident in which a Carlisle High School student allegedly used a stun gun on a classmate.
The Des Moines Register reports that the incident happened Friday afternoon when one student used a self-defense Taser on another student during the last period of the school day.
Carlisle Police Chief Jason Doll says officers were called to the school to examine the student who was shocked. Doll says the student was not seriously injured. No charges have been filed in the incident.
Superintendent Bryce Amos says school officials consider it a serious school violation and will be conducting further investigation. He says school sanctions could follow.
Officials did not identify the students involved.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest