COGGON, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have identified the 21-year-old man who was killed in a snowmobile crash near Cedar Rapids late Friday.
The Linn County Sheriff's Department said Sunday that Aaron William Greif, of Central City, died in the snowmobile crash.
Greif hit a field fence while he was driving the snowmobile just east of the Cedar Rapids suburb of Coggan.
Greif was thrown from the snowmobile after hitting the fence, and he died at the scene.
A second snowmobile traveling alongside Greif's also hit the fence, and injured a 20-year-old man from Central City.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline