CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Court documents say a Cedar Rapids man told a 911 worker that he'd killed his mother after she threatened with a knife inside the house they shared.
The Gazette reports that 44-year-old Edward Cusic told the 911 worker that he'd used a crowbar to beat his mother, 68-year-old Anita Labkon.
Cusic was arrested after police responded to a reported domestic disturbance in the eastern Cedar Rapids neighborhood late Friday night. Officers found Labkon's body when they arrived.
Cedar Rapids Police Chief Wayne Jerman says Labkon died of blunt force trauma.
Cusic remains in custody, pending $1 million bail. Online court records don't list the name of Cusic's attorney.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer