CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Court documents say a Cedar Rapids man told a 911 worker that he'd killed his mother after she threatened with a knife inside the house they shared.
The Gazette reports that 44-year-old Edward Cusic told the 911 worker that he'd used a crowbar to beat his mother, 68-year-old Anita Labkon.
Cusic was arrested after police responded to a reported domestic disturbance in the eastern Cedar Rapids neighborhood late Friday night. Officers found Labkon's body when they arrived.
Cedar Rapids Police Chief Wayne Jerman says Labkon died of blunt force trauma.
Cusic remains in custody, pending $1 million bail. Online court records don't list the name of Cusic's attorney.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership