DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police in Des Moines say they're investigating how a sport utility vehicle landed in quite an unusual spot.
Television station KCCI reports police found an SUV Tuesday that was resting on a utility pole. The vehicle's front bumper was more than six feet off the ground.
Police say the SUV slid up guide wires on the pole after the driver lost control of the car.
The station reports two people in the car had to jump from the SUV after the crash. They received minor injuries.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance