DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police in Des Moines say they're investigating how a sport utility vehicle landed in quite an unusual spot.
Television station KCCI reports police found an SUV Tuesday that was resting on a utility pole. The vehicle's front bumper was more than six feet off the ground.
Police say the SUV slid up guide wires on the pole after the driver lost control of the car.
The station reports two people in the car had to jump from the SUV after the crash. They received minor injuries.
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature