GOWRIE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say no one was hurt after a train derailment in north-central Iowa.
Television station KCCI reports a Union Pacific freight train derailed early Tuesday morning near Gowrie.
The train was loaded with corn and was bound for Texas. The station reports corn was scattered around some of the damaged freight cars.
Additional information was not available. Authorities are still investigating the cause.
Gowrie is located about 80 miles northwest of Des Moines.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns