GOWRIE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say no one was hurt after a train derailment in north-central Iowa.
Television station KCCI reports a Union Pacific freight train derailed early Tuesday morning near Gowrie.
The train was loaded with corn and was bound for Texas. The station reports corn was scattered around some of the damaged freight cars.
Additional information was not available. Authorities are still investigating the cause.
Gowrie is located about 80 miles northwest of Des Moines.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners