DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 35-year-old Davenport man has been sentenced up to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 10.
The Quad-City Times reports that Carlos Navarrette was sentenced Friday in Scott County District Court. He had pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree sexual abuse and one count of lascivious acts with a child.
Navarrette must serve at least 35 years before he can be released. He also is required to register as a sex offender for life.
Police say Navarrette raped the children multiple times between 2010 and June 1, 2012.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city