DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 35-year-old Davenport man has been sentenced up to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 10.
The Quad-City Times reports that Carlos Navarrette was sentenced Friday in Scott County District Court. He had pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree sexual abuse and one count of lascivious acts with a child.
Navarrette must serve at least 35 years before he can be released. He also is required to register as a sex offender for life.
Police say Navarrette raped the children multiple times between 2010 and June 1, 2012.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years