DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 35-year-old Davenport man has been sentenced up to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 10.
The Quad-City Times reports that Carlos Navarrette was sentenced Friday in Scott County District Court. He had pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree sexual abuse and one count of lascivious acts with a child.
Navarrette must serve at least 35 years before he can be released. He also is required to register as a sex offender for life.
Police say Navarrette raped the children multiple times between 2010 and June 1, 2012.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse