DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 35-year-old Davenport man has been sentenced up to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 10.
The Quad-City Times reports that Carlos Navarrette was sentenced Friday in Scott County District Court. He had pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree sexual abuse and one count of lascivious acts with a child.
Navarrette must serve at least 35 years before he can be released. He also is required to register as a sex offender for life.
Police say Navarrette raped the children multiple times between 2010 and June 1, 2012.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse