KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) - A man from Davenport, Iowa, is missing following a boating trip in the Florida Keys.
Monroe County Sheriff's officials say 49-year-old Mark Polaschek didn't return Friday from a sailboat trip off Key Largo.
Sheriff's officials say the man's wife told them he wasn't an experienced boater, but insisted on going out on their sailboat. When he didn't show up six hours later, she reported him missing to the U.S. Coast Guard and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
The boat was found the next morning. Authorities said there were no obvious signs of foul play onboard.
Polaschek's wife told deputies she didn't like boating with him because she was afraid of his "lack of boating skills."
The couple and their 6-year-old son were vacationing in Key Largo.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting