HAZLETON, Iowa (AP) - The Buchanan County sheriff's office says a Vinton man was injured after getting trapped in farm equipment near Hazleton.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports Randy Blake was operating a rock picker in a field Thursday when a rock got stuck, causing the machine to jam.
Blake managed to dislodge the rock, but the machine suddenly began working and he became trapped between the reel and the inside of the hopper.
Blake managed to wave his arms and get the attention of others workers.
Crews from Hazleton and Oelwein managed to get Blake out of the picker. He was taken to a hospital in Oelwein and then flown to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
He was listed in stable condition.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks