HAZLETON, Iowa (AP) - The Buchanan County sheriff's office says a Vinton man was injured after getting trapped in farm equipment near Hazleton.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports Randy Blake was operating a rock picker in a field Thursday when a rock got stuck, causing the machine to jam.
Blake managed to dislodge the rock, but the machine suddenly began working and he became trapped between the reel and the inside of the hopper.
Blake managed to wave his arms and get the attention of others workers.
Crews from Hazleton and Oelwein managed to get Blake out of the picker. He was taken to a hospital in Oelwein and then flown to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
He was listed in stable condition.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser