SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Sioux City man who was accused of fatally shooting his two dogs has been given two days in jail.
Jon Holloway, 51, had pleaded guilty to reckless use of a firearm and discharging a firearm inside city limits. Prosecutors dropped two counts of animal cruelty in exchange for Holloway's pleas. He was sentenced on Tuesday.
Police say Holloway used a rifle to shoot his two dogs on Feb. 12 in his backyard. Police say Holloway had been arguing with his sister about the dogs being aggressive.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017