SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Sioux City man who was accused of fatally shooting his two dogs has been given two days in jail.
Jon Holloway, 51, had pleaded guilty to reckless use of a firearm and discharging a firearm inside city limits. Prosecutors dropped two counts of animal cruelty in exchange for Holloway's pleas. He was sentenced on Tuesday.
Police say Holloway used a rifle to shoot his two dogs on Feb. 12 in his backyard. Police say Holloway had been arguing with his sister about the dogs being aggressive.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest