PACIFIC JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) - A southwest Iowa man faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of a toddler he was babysitting.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety says 22-year-old Colby Puckett of Pacific Junction was arrested and charged Friday in the death 13-month-old Aliyanna May. Officials say Puckett is dating the girl's mother.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says Puckett was with the girl when she sustained extensive injuries to her head and eyes. She was found unresponsive Feb. 1 at a Pacific Junction residence. She was treated in Omaha and later died.
Officials have ruled her death a homicide.
Puckett is being held at the Mills County Jail and his bond has been set at $1 million. A public defender has not yet been appointed to him.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says