WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have charged a driver whose school bus crashed into a house in central Iowa.
The Des Moines Register reports that 42-year-old Anthony Banks, of Des Moines, has been charged with failure to maintain control of his bus. West Des Moines police say the bus veered off the road on Monday, went through several yards, hit a truck parked in a driveway and stopped when it hit the house. None of the 11 children on board was hurt.
Lt. James Barrett says Banks was driving too fast in the slick conditions. Up to 3 inches of snow had fallen in the area Sunday night and Monday morning.
A public phone listing for Banks couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration