WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have charged a driver whose school bus crashed into a house in central Iowa.
The Des Moines Register reports that 42-year-old Anthony Banks, of Des Moines, has been charged with failure to maintain control of his bus. West Des Moines police say the bus veered off the road on Monday, went through several yards, hit a truck parked in a driveway and stopped when it hit the house. None of the 11 children on board was hurt.
Lt. James Barrett says Banks was driving too fast in the slick conditions. Up to 3 inches of snow had fallen in the area Sunday night and Monday morning.
A public phone listing for Banks couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota