SPERRY, Iowa (AP) - A 21-year-old southeast Iowa man is accused of shooting a neighboring family's dog while the animal was playing near a 10-year-old boy.
The Burlington Hawk Eye reports that Cody Trails Warth, of Sperry, was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of felony criminal mischief, animal abuse and shooting a rifle across a roadway.
Janice Hine says her 10-year-old son has been traumatized by the shooting. She says the hunting dog, named Marlow, was on his family's property and was about 15 yards away from her son when he was shot in a hind leg. The dog underwent surgery and is expected to recover.
Authorities say Warth admitted that he shot the dog from his front porch while it was across the road from his house.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser