SHELLSBURG, Iowa (AP) - An eastern Iowa man has been arrested, accused of setting his family's home on fire while his wife and two children were inside.
Darrell Abbott, 40, was arrested Saturday in Iowa City on a Benton County arrest warrant.
Abbott is accused of starting the fire early on Oct. 9 in his mobile home at a trailer court three miles south of Shellsburg.
No injuries have been reported.
Abbott is charged with arson, two counts of child endangerment and one of criminal mischief. He's being held in Benton County Jail, pending $25,000 bail. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser