SHELLSBURG, Iowa (AP) - An eastern Iowa man has been arrested, accused of setting his family's home on fire while his wife and two children were inside.
Darrell Abbott, 40, was arrested Saturday in Iowa City on a Benton County arrest warrant.
Abbott is accused of starting the fire early on Oct. 9 in his mobile home at a trailer court three miles south of Shellsburg.
No injuries have been reported.
Abbott is charged with arson, two counts of child endangerment and one of criminal mischief. He's being held in Benton County Jail, pending $25,000 bail. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather