STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) - A 19-year-old northwest Iowa man has been arrested, accused of punching a police officer 10 to 15 times after jumping out of a closet.
The Sioux City Journal reports that Erick Gutierrez, of Storm Lake, was arrested on Friday night. Officers had been called to a Storm Lake house to investigate a domestic disturbance.
Police say one of the officer's hands was broken during a melee that followed the discovery of Gutierrez's hiding spot. A stun gun was used to subdue Gutierrez.
Court records say Gutierrez faces three misdemeanor charges, including two for assault. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?