STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) - A 19-year-old northwest Iowa man has been arrested, accused of punching a police officer 10 to 15 times after jumping out of a closet.
The Sioux City Journal reports that Erick Gutierrez, of Storm Lake, was arrested on Friday night. Officers had been called to a Storm Lake house to investigate a domestic disturbance.
Police say one of the officer's hands was broken during a melee that followed the discovery of Gutierrez's hiding spot. A stun gun was used to subdue Gutierrez.
Court records say Gutierrez faces three misdemeanor charges, including two for assault. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather