DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa couple who won a $202 million Powerball jackpot in September is donating $3 million to their son's high school for a new football stadium -- but the gift comes with a catch.
The stadium visitor's locker room must be painted pink.
The Des Moines Register reports that the Bondurant-Farrar school district accepted the donation from Brian and Mary Lohse on Monday. The couple from the Des Moines suburb of Bondurant requested only that the new stadium be completed before the fall 2014 football season -- their oldest son's senior year -- and that the visiting team's locker room be painted pink.
Mary Lohse says she was half-joking about the locker room, but was pleased when school officials said they'd be happy to indulge the color scheme.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers