DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa couple who won a $202 million Powerball jackpot in September is donating $3 million to their son's high school for a new football stadium -- but the gift comes with a catch.
The stadium visitor's locker room must be painted pink.
The Des Moines Register reports that the Bondurant-Farrar school district accepted the donation from Brian and Mary Lohse on Monday. The couple from the Des Moines suburb of Bondurant requested only that the new stadium be completed before the fall 2014 football season -- their oldest son's senior year -- and that the visiting team's locker room be painted pink.
Mary Lohse says she was half-joking about the locker room, but was pleased when school officials said they'd be happy to indulge the color scheme.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands