SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - Candidates to operate a land-based casino in Sioux City have been getting ready for visits by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
The Sioux City Journal says the five-member commission is scheduled to tour Sioux City sites on Tuesday.
A land-based casino will replace the Argosy riverboat casino. The three developers are seeking a state license to develop the new casino.
Among them is Penn National, which runs the Argosy. The others are developers behind the proposed Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and the Warrior Casino & Hotel.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns