SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - Candidates to operate a land-based casino in Sioux City have been getting ready for visits by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
The Sioux City Journal says the five-member commission is scheduled to tour Sioux City sites on Tuesday.
A land-based casino will replace the Argosy riverboat casino. The three developers are seeking a state license to develop the new casino.
Among them is Penn National, which runs the Argosy. The others are developers behind the proposed Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and the Warrior Casino & Hotel.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option