SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A man missing from a Sioux City work release facility since July 12 is back in jail after he was located in a Sioux City apartment.
The Sioux City Journal reports Dexter James-Lloyd No Ear was taken into custody without incident after authorities found him Tuesday afternoon.
Deputy U.S. Marshal Mike Fuller says the 25-year-old No Ear was staying with a woman he knew at the apartment. He was located as authorities checked out known acquaintances. He is in the Woodbury County Jail.
No Ear was placed on escape status July 12 when he failed to return to a work release program. He was serving a 30-year sentence for convictions of assault on a peace officer and other charges.
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Changes sought to Wisconsin bill to help terminally ill
- Madison police investigate homicide on east side
- Wednesday deadline for Rochester student immunizations
- Trempealeau Co. K-9 leads to pair of drug arrests in one day
- Man killed by deputy was on dual paths
- Immigrant licenses complicate Minnesota's Real ID effort
- U'Ren family wants drivers to learn lesson in tragedy after fatal crash
- Fire damages Winona business
- Psychologist says La Crosse man not competent to stand trial