DES MOINES, IOWA (AP) - Muscatine County officials are refusing to release the medical records of a woman who was shocked with a stun gun four times last fall as officers tried to get her to change clothing.
The Des Moines Register reports the woman, Marie Franks, has asked officials to release the records to the newspaper but so far officials have refused.
Video of the incident shows the woman, Marie Franks, cursing at jail staff and swinging her arms apparently to keep jail staff away. She was shocked four times in eight minutes during the Oct. 7 incident.
Franks suffers from bipolar disorder and was off her medication. The records should show what medication she was given in jail.
Two law school professors at Drake University say the records should be released.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington