IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa City police say a man harassing people outside a gas station had a sword, throwing knives and a flask of cocaine.
Police responded to a complaint Monday night about a man with a guitar scaring customers at a Tiffin gas station. Police spotted 21-year-old Deandre Lamar Ronald Irby outside the station.
A complaint says police confiscated a "samurai-type" sword sticking out the back of Irby's T-shirt, as well as two throwing knives and a flask with a white powdery substance.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen says Irby was arrested and taken to the Johnson County Jail. He faces a serious misdemeanor charge of possession of a controlled substance and an aggravated misdemeanor charge of carrying weapons.
Court records do not list an attorney.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns