IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa City mother sentenced to probation after her toddler son was found legally drunk has been arrested in a separate incident.
Natasha Kriener was arrested Monday on suspicion of interference with a department of corrections officer. A complaint says she was intoxicated and in the company of her sister, a minor.
The Gazette reports the officer was investigating whether the 27-year-old Kriener was violating her probation. Another woman also was arrested during the incident.
Kriener was given a suspended prison sentence of up to 10 years after pleading guilty in November to felony child endangerment and neglect or abandonment charges. She could go to prison if she violates the conditions of her three-year probation term.
Kriener remains at the Johnson County Jail. Records do not list an attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks