DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 22-year-old Davenport woman has been accused of using a belt on a 10-year-old child she was baby-sitting.
The Quad-City Times reports that Amber Holcomb was arrested on Friday. She's charged with felony child endangerment with bodily injury.
Police say Holcomb used the belt to strike the child's bare legs on May 2. A police affidavit says the blows left red marks and bruising.
Scott County Jail records say Holcomb remained in custody on Tuesday. Her attorney didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government