DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A 22-year-old Davenport woman has been accused of using a belt on a 10-year-old child she was baby-sitting.
The Quad-City Times reports that Amber Holcomb was arrested on Friday. She's charged with felony child endangerment with bodily injury.
Police say Holcomb used the belt to strike the child's bare legs on May 2. A police affidavit says the blows left red marks and bruising.
Scott County Jail records say Holcomb remained in custody on Tuesday. Her attorney didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial