COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 19-year-old man has been accused of trying to kidnap a 10-year-old girl in Council Bluffs.
The Council Bluffs Police Department says a man grabbed the girl and forced to her walk with him about 2:20 p.m. Monday near Edison Elementary School. She struggled with him, broke away and ran to her sister, who had driven to the school to pick her up.
The older girl called their dad, who told them to follow the man in case he tried to accost another student. The father went to the scene and held the man until police officers arrived.
In custody is Nathan Busse, who faces kidnapping and other charges.
Busse remained in Pottawattamie County Jail on Tuesday. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska