COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 19-year-old man has been accused of trying to kidnap a 10-year-old girl in Council Bluffs.
The Council Bluffs Police Department says a man grabbed the girl and forced to her walk with him about 2:20 p.m. Monday near Edison Elementary School. She struggled with him, broke away and ran to her sister, who had driven to the school to pick her up.
The older girl called their dad, who told them to follow the man in case he tried to accost another student. The father went to the scene and held the man until police officers arrived.
In custody is Nathan Busse, who faces kidnapping and other charges.
Busse remained in Pottawattamie County Jail on Tuesday. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race