TOWN of WASHINGTON, Wis. - The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department says two people suffered non-life-threatening injuries after an accidental shooting in the 3000 block of Blakeley Avenue in the Town of Washington on Tuesday at about 4:20 p.m.
Investigators say a 21-year-old man was trying to place a loaded handgun in a cardboard storage box when the handgun accidentally discharged.
The man was struck in the left hand and a 22-year-old woman who was sitting next to him was struck in the right arm, according to investigators. They were both transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather