TOWN of WASHINGTON, Wis. - The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department says two people suffered non-life-threatening injuries after an accidental shooting in the 3000 block of Blakeley Avenue in the Town of Washington on Tuesday at about 4:20 p.m.
Investigators say a 21-year-old man was trying to place a loaded handgun in a cardboard storage box when the handgun accidentally discharged.
The man was struck in the left hand and a 22-year-old woman who was sitting next to him was struck in the right arm, according to investigators. They were both transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?