WHITEWATER, Wis. (AP) - Whitewater police have suspended their investigation into an assault on the son of a state senator.
Police say 22-year-old Sean Kedzie and witnesses failed to identify the same suspect. State Sen. Neal Kedzie says his son was attacked outside his home in Whitewater last October after confronting two men who were taking a Republican yard sign. The senator says the men held his son in a choke hold and beat him in the face and head.
The State Journal reports police are suspending the case pending any new evidence.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers